[geeks] Tru64 licensing/availability...

Kevin Lee kevin at elbonia.org
Wed Jul 3 04:01:57 CDT 2002

I have had the misfortune to support HFUX for a few years and yes it has
gotten better. But it is one bastard of an OS to wrap your brain around and
make work.  The HP stuff is built by a bunch of Mainframe weenies that
have no idea about time.

I love HP HARDWARE but really hate the HPUX.

TRUE64 Is however a fine unix esp. for its clustering, ala VMS stuff....

I think that HPUX will become even more of a weird basterd after they try
to add support for IT.64 or whatever the hell Intel calls their cpu.

K.