[geeks] 4th of july plans

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jul 2 23:51:30 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 09:35:06PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 10:08:14PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> > I still think you should play with Bill.  Cooperative Diablo II LOD is
> > so much more fun... and experience points are easier to come by... plus
> > you have the ability to mix n' match two character types while playing
> > with someone you trust.  (Just dont' go hostile on each other... that'd
> > be no fun)
>
> I dislike RPG games; they're just not my thing.  I'm still a Quake (original)
> fan.. we both really loved the Serious Sam games, however - that was the
> last game I bought (not counting Diablo II; I bought another copy recently
> for Amy - but bought the special edition for her the day it came out).

I still like quake.  Sometimes the bad shadowing gets to me though.  I
wish one of the groups of people who are hacking on the GPL version
would either make a patch that adds more bits to the shadow map, or
better adds real time shadows.  But, for well lit (as opposed to
dark/dim) levels, this isn't an issue.

> I'm more of a FPS person; she likes RPGs.  I dont have enough patience for
> them.. She likes Sim games, etc.. I even tried C&C once, got beat, and
> hated it...

I like pretty much everything but sports games (except for tony
hawk).  2D fighters, 3D fighters, FPS (but not on consoles using game
pads), RPGs, the real Sim games (The Sims didn't look so good),
real time resource management games ala C&C, etc.

--
Joshua D. Boyd