[geeks] 4th of july plans

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jul 2 17:49:00 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 05:25:37PM -0400, dave at cca.org wrote:
> jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu writes:
> >> The kids on my block are nuts about fireworks. I expect the
> >> 4th to be reminiscent of a scene from Apocalypse Now. I intend
> >> to be somewhere else.
> >Just detonate bigger ones to drown them out.
> That approach works well for the "loud annoying music" issue,
> but not for this, I think.

We did something like this to get back at $college_friend[1] who was
uhm, being rather recreational, shall we say, with his half-deaf
girlfriend[2] in my spare bedroom one day in college.

We put a porno tape in the VCR, and turned it up REAL loud.

They got the hint and quieted down a bit. 8-)

Bill

[1] He was from .uk.  She was from ok.us.  Met on IRC, etc, etc, etc.
    He shows up for a surprise visit (assisted by everyone BUT her, of
    course).  They spend the entire weekend locked in my spare room..

[2] Being half deaf, she would take her hearing aids out during so-called
    athletic activities, and not realize how low she was being.. The cops
    got called by the neighbors more than once...

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net
Austin, TX