[geeks] Tru64 licensing/availability...

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Tue Jul 2 13:50:16 CDT 2002

> > Why's that?  The change of name from OSF/1 to Digital UNIX was
> > for marketing reasons (OSF obviously wasn't becoming the
> > "standard" it was meant to be)... or is it that the versions
> > back then were not good?
>
> I just dont care for Tru64.  I have to deal with it in a production
> capacity. 8-)

I've dealt with Tru64 in a production capacity (6TB Oracle
database).  The cluster capabilities are very useful, and
AdvFS works very well.

I find that Tru64 is my favorite among Solaris, HP/UX, Linux,
*BSD, and Tru64.  If it weren't that HP was going to PH/UX
Tru64, I'd be using Tru64 as my primary workstation.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net