[geeks] ipix

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jul 2 13:09:49 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 01:56:33PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> >
> > I'm not a big fan of the output I've seen from the ipix setup.  They
> > never manage to get rid of the fisheye effect.
> >

> IMO the all of the stuff I've ever seen from iPix is piss-poor.  It's like
> swimming around in a circle inside a fishbowl, that somehow manages to pixelize
> everything.

The stuff I saw today didn't look pixelized.  But the guy I met today
(who did all the Ipix files I saw) spends a lot of time working things
over in photoshop.  He took something like 15+ pictures with the ipix
camera (a number of them using a piece of some stiff matte black
material to block light coming from different directions into the
lense), and another few pictures with a highend sony digital
camera. He said he would then be blending the sharpest features from
all the different pictures togeth into one photoshop file and that in
the end it would easily exceed 20 layers.

--
Joshua D. Boyd