[geeks] ipix

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jul 2 12:22:06 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 12:18:43PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> FWIW, I've seen these iPix things in action - the concept is extremely simple,
> easily reproduceable, and shouldn't require the use the of any specialized
> software or hardware.  Even my rudimentary programming skills should be able to
> approximate what the iPix stuff does.  Talk about winning a marketing war...

What I'd like to see is more sophisticated tools for working from a
disk full of photographs from a normal camera.  I believe basically,
the tasks involved here are perspective matching, light matching, and
blending.

I'm not a big fan of the output I've seen from the ipix setup.  They
never manage to get rid of the fisheye effect.

--
Joshua D. Boyd