[geeks] ipix

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jul 2 10:12:06 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> I'm currently in a photosession with an Ipix rep.  This is one of
> those lame Quicktime 3D type things (although he is quick to point how
> ipix is superior).  According to him, ipix has a bunch of patents on
> stitching.  The one that stuck out to me is that if you use a lense
> larger than 24mm (say because all you have is a 50mm lense) you are
> infringing on their patents for large image stitching.  Yuck.

Um.  What?

So if I stitch together a bunch of photos that I took with a 50mm lens,
regardless of what software, method, or hardware I use, I'm guilty of patent
infringment?
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster