[geeks] Soups from around the world

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Mon Jul 1 21:22:25 CDT 2002

jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu writes:

>I've noticed that if I let the soup from any of the cheap chinese
>places around here get cold that it is pretty gelatinous.  I've never
>noticed that about classic american soups like chicken noodle, etc
>though.  I should try getting some soup from a better chinese place
>and see how it fairs when cooled a bit.  Then I'd know if it was a US
>vs. China or a cheap vs. expensive thing.  Probably wouldn't hurt to
>also try soups from Thailand, Africa, etc.  The one bowl of some sort
>of french cheese soup I had at a french place faired decently when it
>had cooled...

It would be fun to write "food critic" reviews of restaurants,
based entirely on mass spectrometer readings...

>Just some thoughts for an amazingly boring night.  Why so little
>traffic recently?

Looking at my new pets. ("spengleri" AKA "Vietnamese Leaf Turtles")

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------------- Live each day like the Triffids are coming. -------------