[geeks] Dumb nslookup question

Martijn Pronk martijn at smartie.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 28 04:31:06 CST 2002

"Greg A. Woods" wrote:

> Try using a real command-line DNS query tool instead:
>
>         ftp://ftp.nikhef.nl/pub/network/host.tar.Z

Well, just checked, nothing there... But I do know what program you mean,
I  did an internship at NIKHEF,  and it was installed there on all computers.
The former BOFH there rewrote it a bit to whine about not quite correct
domainnames and stuff (It was actually a bit too fascist about it)

Actually now that I look closer,  It is available for local users, and should
be visible on the FTP server, but it's not... I guess they changed the FTP
server recently.  I'll check out whith them.

> or my slightly enhanced release:
>
>         ftp://ftp.weird.com/pub/local/host.tar.gz

Is this one based on the above one?

Martijn