[geeks] OSX is going to ruin my life

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Feb 28 21:40:46 CST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Oh yes, actually...Before two days ago, I hadn't used OS X for much
> more than an hour.  But that's all it took to convert me. :)
>
>   There are a few very uncomfortable reminders of NeXTSTEP in there,
> though, that I sure wish they'd get rid of.

I was along for the whole ride from OPENSTEP --> Rhapsody --> OS X Server
--> OS X ... I still have my OS X Server 1.0 disks with WebObjects 4.0,
and my OPENSTEP 4.2 Mach disks.  Personally I kept hoping that most of the
more Apple-ish stuff would go away... no not company or Steve or insanely
great hardware... just Platinum and Classic-isms.  Next to OS X, my
favorite OS is OPENSTEP... just wish it had some of the nice robust
goodies Solaris had (SMP), and of course supported the POWER family.
(perhaps Ultrasparc and MIPS too)

Andrew J. Weiss