[geeks] OSX is going to ruin my life

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Thu Feb 28 18:08:17 CST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Eric Dittman wrote:

> > I disagree, the IIfx SCSI is faster.  If you like, I'll benchmark both of
> > them.
>
> All the publications that benchmarked it showed the IIci (or
> was it the IIsi?) was faster.  If you've got them both setup,
> I'd be interested in seeing this.

I sure do.  Both with 32M of RAM, I can simply swap the disk. (a 500M
apple SCSI drive).  I will be happy to do so, as I am curious now...

> Which brings up another oddity of the IIfx:  The internal SCSI
> filter and the special external SCSI terminator.

An indication of technology pushing hard - remember the i486/50? (Not the
DX/2, the true 50MHz)I remeber reading in Byte that the motherboard traces
had to be curved, and that the "Megahertz limit" seems to have been
reached.

Uh, huh...

-P