[geeks] OSX is going to ruin my life

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Thu Feb 28 15:00:51 CST 2002

On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 10:57, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> On 28 Feb 2002, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
>
> > Let's not get confused here...  The //e wasn't a Mac.  I actually liked
> > those critters (though the //c was far kinder in terms of space used).
> > Then they had umpteen years of Bad Macs, then they hit PPC, and started
> > to suck less, eventually getting to the nice machines they've had for
> > the past couple of years (save the iBook and original iMac).
>
> Whoah there?  "Umpteen years of bad macs?"  Since when?  There have been
> several crap macs (just like sun, they tend to go off and do weird things
> once in a while), but there were some really good milestones:

Erm, well, they were bad from my point of view.  I disliked most
everything from the original Mac until powerbooks started appearing.
With the introduction of the G3, things started to look pretty decent
for Mac desktops, and OSX and the G4 are absolutely kick-ass.

> Do you have something against 68K?  In a workd where 64K segements were
> the norm, it was cool to have a flat address space...

Nothing specific, no.  Much harder to work with than my 6800 though.
:-)
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.