[geeks] OSX is going to ruin my life

Tom Borton tborton at usa.net
Thu Feb 28 14:37:18 CST 2002

Likewise.  I worked in a lab in '92-'93 with SS2's attached to robots
and one IIfx that ended up being such a dead in terms of expansion and
compatibility that it was completely ignored.  I fell in love with the
Sun hardware (despite the fact that I've spent most of my career writing
x86 code) and loathed the Macs until the PowerMac (grudging respect) and
the Quadras (ditto) followed by love for the G4s, although I don't have
money for one.

And on the Apple II front, I still have an Apple IIgs in my basement.  A
bare-bones monochrome system with dual floppies only a geek would
keep...

Tom