[geeks] comments welcome

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Thu Feb 28 12:49:36 CST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> I also read something last night about how fruit juice is one of the
> worst things for kids to drink - as it is comprised mostly of simple
> sugars.  Since the introduction of simple sugars, the percentage of
> obese children has grown significantly (exponentially?).

No kidding!  Chan was drinking a fruit drink (from V8 I think!) the other
day, and I noticed that it had more sugar in it than a can of coke...

It would explain why I packed on the weight while drinking Sobe (I loved
the grapefruit-based one) and dropped it when I moved on to just water.
(My first replacement for the coffee and soft drinks was to go to those
fruit drinks.  Now I can get water everywhere, so I just drink that,
unless I eat at my favorite vietnamese place, where I have pennywort
juice.)

Ya know, drinking water with a meal actually makes the food taste
better...

_Pete