[geeks] OSX is going to ruin my life

Peter Street peter.street at lazerfx.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 09:41:17 CST 2002

> From: Johan Sjvholm on 28 February 2002 15:19:

<Snipped G4 Spec>
> Oh yea, and a 120GB WD Special Edition disk (They are okey.. IBM's are

> better though).

It's a 75GB IBM I've got.

> The G4's grapichcard is a GeForce 3 64MB DDR btw.. I'm quite proud
over
> the machine since it performs so well, HOWEVER, since I do like to
game a
> bit(its relaxing) I would like to see Half Life and Counterstrike
ported
> to OSX .. Oh well.. Hope is the last thing that leaves..
> /J

I'd love to get a more '3D' graphics card.  I downloaded Maya Personal
Learning Edition, and while it performs quite well on these GFX cards,
I'm disappointed overall in the package.  A few times in the tutorials
it's said, "Drag this handle," and I've found it impossible to drag the
handle, or it's said, "Click on the icon/menu item/whatever" and it's
not there...  Rather annoying, and I'm very glad I didn't pay #19,000+
on the package beforehand :D

Peter Street
Web Developer / Manager
LazerFX Productions