[geeks] OSX is going to ruin my life

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Feb 28 09:18:48 CST 2002

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 03:06:39PM -0000, Peter Street wrote:
>  Gods, I wish I had about #1,200 - I'd *love* to buy a G4 or similar.
> Instead, I'm stuck with this 1.4Ghz Athlon, 512MB DDR memory, 2 monitors
> and 2 kick-ass 3D (OK, I'm a gamer, right?) graphics cards :P

How kick-ass can they be if you use them for games?  In my experience, any
graphics card vaguely approaching kick-ass is generally a PIA with 3D video
games.  Sure, the Wildcat line was nice with quake3, but it was real buggy
with half-life and UT.  And don't get me started on the fireGL x000 cards
(which is the same 3D chipset as the AG-10E card, I think).

--
Joshua D. Boyd