[geeks] OSX is going to ruin my life

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Feb 28 08:53:35 CST 2002

> > Now I want a G4 tower, and I have to figure out how to convince my wife
> > let me have one - right after I just blew a wad of money on an Octane,
> > and
> > blew yet another wad of money on a custom rear bumper for the truck...
>
> Hee, hee... As a Mac user for lo these many years (18, I believe...
> CRAP!  I'm getting old...), I just *loved* hearing that.

I've also been a mac user for a long time (first computer was an Apple
//e) and I still have a Quadra here that I use now and again - but I had
no idea OS X was sooooo cool.

OS X is, far and away, the best end-user Unix-y OS I've seen.  Very
mature, very useable.  I like it a lot!

Now, has anyone put OS X on a 266Mhz iMac?  Gonna get one for the kids,
and I'd like to put OS X on it.  I know apple supports it, but how's
performance?

Kurt