[geeks] bumper sticker

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Wed Feb 27 16:58:02 CST 2002

wilby98 at yahoo.com writes:

>I don't want to come across as a "wimp" by asking this
>question, but... in terms of this style of music
>can one find a band that doesn't crank up the
>decibels to max? I am gravitated to classical
>music but consider myself open minded for
>creativity. I just can't tolerate the physical effect
>of loud music.

You mean for live performances? No. Everyone wears earplugs
though.

If you enjoy intricate, technical music, you might like
The Flying Luttenbachers. They consider themselves "brutal
prog" - ie: "Yes" or "King Crimson" (or especially Magma)
taken to a harsh extreme, but I think of them more as another
type of jazz fusion.

Just to give you an idea - they've played at big jazz fests in
Europe, but they usually tour with hardcore bands, and play
to punk audiences.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------------- Live each day like the Triffids are coming. -------------