[geeks] bumper sticker

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Tue Feb 26 18:05:15 CST 2002

nick at snowman.net writes:

>If you truly must offend in the shortest period possible I'd recommend a
>band known as "Lords of Acid".  They're a show band with one trick:  Very
>offensive songs, generally something related with sex.  They've got some
>other stuff I rather like, but the pattern gets boring quick.

Heh heh heh. That's what I listen to when I'm bored and want to
relax to pop music.

My friends' band, who I saw perform twice this past weekend (in NY,
then back here in Providence) is widely considered to be unlistenably
harsh.  Listen to a few of the MP3s off:

http://arabonradar.com

(I run their web site. I happen to think that they're really good,
in a minimalist avant-garde kinda way. They sure ain't rock-n-roll.)

As for brutally harsh music, another friend's band is pretty high
on the list:

http://www.dropdead.org

(Note that their drummer has a Sun-3 and a sparc or two. In fact,
I'm really surprised he isn't on this list.)

Oh, one more: this is my favourite out-of-town band:

http://thelocust.com

(Brutal hardcore, plus analogue synths and weird constumes, oh my!)

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------------- Live each day like the Triffids are coming. -------------