[geeks] pellet gun suggestions

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Tue Feb 26 11:36:58 CST 2002

>         It's legal to own one if you have a class 3 dealers license from
> BATF. Thats the licensing level that allows the ownership and sale of
fully
> automatic weapons and silencers. Interesting note in most states it's not

Yes - I don't have one though.

> illegal to own a fully automatic weapon. It is just a huge amount of
> paperwork and usually costs a lot for said paperwork.

One of the reasons why I don't have the license.  Such a pain in the
*ass*. There's also storage and tracking requirements for each and every
firearm, as I understand it.  I just don't have the time to devote to
that at this point in my life...

It would be nice though - no doubt about it.

Kurt

	I hear you on that. I have a friend who had a class 3 license.
Offered to sell me a full auto MAC-11 Style weapon for around $800 (his
cost) to do this though I had to pay $400 in transfer fees in teh state of
virginia and have the local police chief sign off on it within 24 hours. I
gave it a pass becuase I just did not want to jump through that many hoops.
	He eventually gave up the license while in law school because he did
not want to have to deal with the specter of a BATF audit at any time. Last
thing he figured he needed to have happen durring exams.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org