[geeks] *sigh*

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Feb 26 05:15:29 CST 2002

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 04:19:14AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On February 26, David Cantrell wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 03:35:32PM -0800, David Passmore wrote:
> > > Do you really want to send every single piece of incoming mail through a
> > > perl script?
> > Why not?
> Slow, memory hog, disk space hog, etc..

I suppose it does depend on what performance you find acceptable.  I don't
have a problem with the occasional load spikes - like when the moderators
of the *@securityfocus lists let everything through once a day.  I don't
find it to be a memory hog (apache takes more) or a disk hog (I have it
installed for other purposes anyway.

Oh, GOOD sigmonster!

   Perl may be the best solution for processing a text
   file, but asking a group of Perl Mongers clearly isn't
                                                  -- aef, in #london.pm