[geeks] *sigh*

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Mon Feb 25 18:41:39 CST 2002

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 05:49:55PM -0500, James Sharp wrote:
> > So I'm trying to install mailscanner...It bitches about missing
> > MIME::Parser, which I try to install, but that wants to upgrade perl,
> > which will probably break a bunch of other shit.
>
> Do you really want to send every single piece of incoming mail through a
> perl script?

If I can find some implementation of spamassassin or other equal
spamkiller written in C or something besides perl, I'd be MORE than happy
to try it.

But mail scanning & spam detection is mostly a exercise in text munging
and digesting...one of the few things that perl was actually made for and
does well.

Its not the fact that its perl...its the fact that I practically have to
do a total system upgrade just to install one freakin application.