[geeks] comments welcome

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Feb 25 16:00:38 CST 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Or just use the Indiana Jones method - shoot him. 8-)

Yeah. I'd make a terrible cop.

"Ok, this is the way it's going to work. You're going to lay down that
sword and step away from it, or we are going to shoot you, call the
coroner, and send your family a bill for the ammo, the police officer's
hourly rate, his supervisor's hourly rate, and the rate for all the other
officers involved, equipment expended, and mileage + upkeep on the police
cruisers and vehicles that got them here. You have *five* *minutes* to
decide. We will let you know when five minutes has passed."

I just think it's stupid to have a standoff with a guy carrying a sword.
Unless he intends to use it. Shoot, you could just drive a cop car into
him and have him stick the sword in the car (thereby trapping the sword)
and then just get him. Typical police action -- let's get 20 cops involved
in something that 3 could finish.

And in other news, $PODUNK_TOWN bought it's officers 200 AK-47s for $250
apiece. They claimed they needed the firepower. Huntsville (pop 250K) just
has AR-15s (civvie M16s).

There is one podunk town here that only has one cop and one copcar, and he
has a full-on M16 under his seat. He's got more firepower within the reach
of the driver than most police cars do, seeing as how he has a M16, a MP5,
a shotgun and his 9MM sidearm. The car has nitrous, too, IIRC.