[geeks] FW: [isp-linux] Anti Spam Stuff

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Feb 25 14:51:32 CST 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 03:46:05PM -0500, James Sharp wrote:
> How well does Spamassassin play with Sendmail?  I looked at it, but it
> needed a newer version of Sendmail than I have...and I wasn't in the mood
> to upgrade sendmail yet.
> And no, I'm not switching to postfix or anything else.

No clue.. I dont use it with the MTA, I just have this in my .procmailrc:

:0fw
| /usr/local/bin/spamc

:0e
{
    EXITCODE=$?
}

:0:
spam

So, if you use procmail, you dont have to worry about what MTA you have.

(above, I'm sending mail through the "spamc" client which sends it to the
 "spamd" daemon, to avoid having to fork perl every time I get an email..)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net