[geeks] comments welcome

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Feb 25 13:35:08 CST 2002

> > >I'm Not Allowed to Own Guns. 8-(
> > That sucks.  Umm...  Do I want to know?
>
> We wont own any guns until I have the time to take Amy out on a range and
> teach her proper firearm handling and safety.

Excellent reason.  I don't have a gun as, while my wife can
shoot (quite well, in fact), I don't believe she would be
able to shoot someone.  The worst thing you can do is have
a gun if you won't use it, as it can be turned against you
and suddenly the unarmed intruder becomes an armed intruder.

> (I grew up in a family where both parents were cops, and my grandma's house
>  had the "gun closet" right next to the front door.. of course I *like* guns!)

I grew up around guns, too.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net