[geeks] comments welcome

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Mon Feb 25 12:48:18 CST 2002

	The one time I had to deal with withdrawl like that I was cutting
timber in montana. I find that crazings minimize themselves if their is
absolutley no way to satisfy them. I went from drinking a 2+ liter of coke a
day to a can a day. 	Since I was driving a bulldozer 40 miles from the
nearest store and the round trip time to it would be measured in days with
the bulldozer, and I had no other transportation (my uncle drove me to the
site each morning and took me home in the evening)I could not satisfy the
cravings. Once I mentally recognized that fact (took about two hours the
first day) I was suddenly fine with it. This will get you over the physical
crazings hump and help with the psycological when you get back to
'civilization' as you have been without for a while so the habits are
broken.
	So my suggestion, take a vacation to the deep woods were you are
dropped off and picked up over about two weeks. The farther away from any
town the better. The outside air and natural living would probably do you
some good also. If all else fails try comitting a few crimes and getting
locked up for a few weeks. Same effect ,dangerous animals in both cases new
and interesting experiences, but you will find the woods to have been more
fun.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO