[geeks] comments welcome

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Mon Feb 25 12:44:42 CST 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Amy wrote:

> so i've been ordered to cut out caffein, nicotine, and alcohol from my
> daily routine. gotta go on a no-sugar diet immediately too.
>
> any hints? tips? suggestions for how to let off excessive amounts of
> frustration and anger without it all heading to divorce court?

Let's see, I gave up on most of those something like 5 years ago, when
they were attempting to figure out what I did to my stomach. (Hint:
Ibuprophin is *bad*)

I think the "habit" part is the worst.  You'll miss that traditional cup
'o joe, as well as the cigarette at specific times. (Mine was, and still
is, when driving to work.) (I had to give those up back in '91.  When I
was in radio, I was around 3 packs a day.)

I tookk to carrying a bottle of water around with me, and taking a slug
whenever I felt the urge for *anything*.  Worked pretty well now, and
water is good for you in any event.  <takes sip from omnipresent glass on
desk>.

I feel your pain, but I will give you this glimmer of hope: Year later,
having given up many of the things that were bad for me, I feel much
better - I no longer have highs and lows during the day, my wind is
better, and I have more energy overall.

-Pete