[geeks] comments welcome

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Feb 25 12:30:37 CST 2002

> so i've been ordered to cut out caffein, nicotine, and alcohol from my
> daily routine. gotta go on a no-sugar diet immediately too.
>
> any hints? tips? suggestions for how to let off excessive amounts of
> frustration and anger without it all heading to divorce court?
>
> *attempts to remain calm*

Oh Crap....

Well, I did it by redirecting all my anger/frustration/etc into cars and
motorcycles.  Built two motorcycles and a riced Honda.

I don't recommend that though - as it gets expensive quickly.

I suggest you find a hobby or pastime that requires intense conentration
or physical exertion - and that you enjoy.  I found that building
motorcycles required great concentration to do it right - as you've got
to think about a whole bunch of factors.

I also joined a small privately owned gym and would lift weights for
about 45 minutes a day - at around lunchtime.  THis vented steam from
the morning's activities, and calmed me down for the rest of the day.
It also had great side-benefits as well.

I started lifting again over the weekend (bought a smith rack and a
bench) and already I feel much calmer...

Kurt