[geeks] I never thought

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Feb 25 02:10:25 CST 2002

On February 25, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> > State governments get away with it all the time with compulsory car
> > insurance.
>
> I wouldn't call that the same. I want other people to have car insurance. If
> you crash into my car can you afford to fix it?

  I didn't poo-poo with the idea of having car insurance, I poo-pooed
the idea of the gov't FORCING us to have car insurance.

  The people who don't buy it, and then crash into your car, deserve
to take their chances with a very angry Big Mike when they can't
afford to pay for the repairs.

  The gov't meddles FAR too deeply in our lives, in my opinion.

> If the same result can be acheived with different software then why
> shouldn't Josh be allowed to use or write his own? I also thing if you are
> required to use a specific piece of software that should be included in
> whatever course materials you must buy or should be supplied with the
> course. I mean geez, if you go to an Oravle class and say gee I have to buy
> Oracle, why can't I use my copy of mSQL??

  Agreed 100%.

   -Dave

--
Dave McGuire