[geeks] frankenstein lives!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Feb 24 23:26:23 CST 2002

On February 24, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> > Wasn't this one of the questions questions on the packrat purity test?
> > "Can you build a full system from spare parts?
> > How many full systems can you build from spare parts?"
>
> Ha! I built an E10000 out of parts!  beat that! (big smirk)

  In 1988 I was a field service tech working on laser printers and
large Wang systems (no comments from the peanut gallery)...Over the
course of about five weeks, I took home a Canon LBP-8A2 laser printer
(a nice [at the time] CX-engine based printer) piece by piece in my
tool box and rebuilt it at home.  That was fun. :-)

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire