[geeks] mpeg hardware

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sun Feb 24 23:18:22 CST 2002

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Big Endian wrote:
> Anybody know of any good capture+compression PCI cards?  I would use
> an All In Wonder but the newer ones aren't PCI and I don't think the
> older ones supported hardware compression.  Looking for MPEG2
> preferably, MPEG1 is acceptable.

Pinnacle makes Motion JPEG cards for the PC, but they have waaaay too much
ego from dealing with the TV market. They make a $150 W98-supported card
(thier driver) and makes no bones about saying that if you want to run it
under NT, buy the card the next model up.

I honestly think your best bet would be an Indy with the video capture
card in it. You can probably find one for $150.