[geeks] grr paypal

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sun Feb 24 16:50:55 CST 2002

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 12:04:13PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 02:05:37PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> > Yes.  They make the stupid assumption that all banks operate like how US
> > banks do, so I couldn't just tell them the reference number they attached
> > to the deposit and which disappeared in transit.
>
> Reference number?  I just looked on my statement and saw the two
> under-$1 deposits from PayPal, and entered in the amounts on the
> webform..

Ah well yes, they made deposits in yankeebucks, and what with exchange
rate fluctuations, forex commissions and stuff, there's no way I'd be
able to tell them exactly how much they'd deposited in any meaningful
way.  At least on that point they showed a modicum of clue.

  Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced