[geeks] grr paypal

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Feb 23 01:37:03 CST 2002

On February 22, David Cantrell wrote:
> The trouble *I* have with Paypal is that it Just Doesn't Work.  They wanted
> me to fax them a copy of my credit card statement with their micro-deposit
> on it to authenticate myself.  Fair enough.  I blanked out all the other
> transactions and the balance, cos that's none of their business.  But no,
> they wanted the whole lot.  They ain't getting it.

  Wow, that's pretty paranoid.  Sure, I agree that it's absolutely none
of their business, and I wish they didn't have these
requirements...but is the information in there REALLY that sensitive?
Do you really think they're going to either take over the world or
drive you into financial ruin because they know the amounts on the
checks you write to your electric company?  Hardly.  Yes, it's private
information...but it's USELESS information.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire