[geeks] grr paypal

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Feb 22 15:33:44 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 03:25:01PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On February 22, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > I hate it when ebay sellers refuse to take anything but PayPal.

Yeah, they suck.  But I see it as being their problem, not mine.  If they
want to cut the number of potential bidders that's their problem.  It's
not as if there's any unique items I'm missing out on as a buyer.

> > I just had to miss getting a copy of Digidesign Sessions software for Mac
> > because of this.  I want that software (since I'm having no luck finding
> > protools old enough to run on a NuBus Mac at affordable prices).
>
>   I'm leaning in the direction of refusing anything but PayPal.  You
> tend to appreciate it greatly as a seller.  And I appreciate it
> greatly as a buyer too...do you have a particular affinity for going
> to the post office to buy and mail money orders or something?

I am happy to accept payment by EFT, cash, postal order, or Western Union.
None is any hassle for me.

The trouble *I* have with Paypal is that it Just Doesn't Work.  They wanted
me to fax them a copy of my credit card statement with their micro-deposit
on it to authenticate myself.  Fair enough.  I blanked out all the other
transactions and the balance, cos that's none of their business.  But no,
they wanted the whole lot.  They ain't getting it.

  This is nice.  Any idea what body-part it is?