[geeks] Geeks as entrepreneurs

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Fri Feb 22 05:13:08 CST 2002

on 2/22/02 5:41 AM, William S. at wilby98 at yahoo.com wrote:

> I know quite a few of you have your own
> businesses already. Some might be computer
> related, while others are not.

I would be one of those :)

> Occasionally an idea pops into my head that
> I think might be good to start as a home-based
> business. Usually, the idea fades away as the day
> to day chores take priority.

Running your own business is a major chore!

> I am just curious if anyone here on the list
> has taken a "leap" into the entrepreneurial
> world and done something with it. Tell us
> about it?

I have been doing well since I was more or less forced into selling computer
and networking equipment full time.

> Recently, I thought it might be interesting
> and profitable to try trading computer
> "chips" over here in Europe. As I looked around
> I saw there were already a lot of people out there
> doing the same thing: Some big; some small. So,
> my enthusiasm has faded as I can't see how I
> could offer something different and be competitive.
> Anyone have a concept, device, product they would
> like to talk about without giving away any secrets?

Write down your ideas!! The thing is finding a service or item in need. I am
launching a new business involving laser cutting and a few other hobby
related services/items. I am planning to phase out my computer business. I
am just plain tired of it. Like I said, the key is find a need, fill the
need.

Mike N