[geeks] employment(and the rehash there of)

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Thu Feb 21 21:35:52 CST 2002

Two questions:

As a mid level Sysadmin looking for a new job what kinds of companies
offer interesting work medium team sizes (5-10 people?) and things to
learn?  I'd like to get into larger systems (I've yet to admin
anything bigger than a dual cpu P3), larger networks (more than
stupid point to point vpns and single t1 links), and more oses
(linux/bsd shop now).  I'm leaving my present job because I am the
*only* admin and I don't have the authority to do my job.  I'm
micro-managed to the point of my manager today reading out of the
o'reily sendmail book ordering me to flip a setting (OForkEachJob)...
even quoting book page numbers and such as if he thought they meant
something. I'm tired of having to make an end run around my boss to
get something done and then paying for it later.

Any NoVA geeks know of a place that fits above requirements?  I
*CANNOT* afford to move, and long commutes would be best avoided.  I
live in centreville.

daniel