[geeks] Hmmm.. xterm versus Mac OS X Terminal.app

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Thu Feb 21 10:01:16 CST 2002

On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 06:14 , Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> Pete's da Man!  Pete's da Man!

What, you wanna be da woman?

> I'd love to see that... and hopefully that's without cheating and tying
> 63 processors behind it's back =)

No, there are some scientific apps that can do it, including BLAST if
you work it right. (We had to use multiple 4-cpu jobs, as it didn't
scale past 4 well.)

Then I went to work for Sun and saw customers doing far more intense
stuff, including one bank in europe with over 10K disks attached. (Yes,
10 THOUSAND)

-pete