[geeks] Time Synchronization

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Feb 20 21:39:18 CST 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 07:32:27PM -0800, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 20, 2002, at 05:05 , Tyler Hardison wrote:
>
> >I realize of course that we're all busy IT professionals. But is it too
> >much
> >to ask for everyone to start running ntpd or a reasonable facsimile of
> >it?
>
> NO WAY!  I'm starting a society to increase time chaos.  I rarely wear
> my watch anymore, and I'm trying to spread the concept of approximate
> time.  We all spend too much time worrying about time, and not enough
> time making time...
>
> FREE YOURSELF!  If you can't handle out-of-order messages, how will you
> handle life?
>
> (I'm in one of those moods today...)

Hmm.  I think I had a professor who belonged to your society once.

Well, I'm all for flexibility with time.  Rather than ignore it though, I try
to be keep significant chunks open so that I don't have to leave someone
waiting in the cold for 50 minutes when I decide to be flexible.

--
Joshua D. Boyd