[geeks] observations and rants.

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Wed Feb 20 15:45:57 CST 2002

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> I prefer the squarish 80's ones rather than the big roundy boaty used bar
> of soap versions.  I also like the 70's ones of course like every American
> car on the road in James Bond Live and Let Die.  (Impalas of course)

A coworker of mine used to drive one -- a late 80s Caprice from the
Chicago PD that had a supercharger installed -- until he came over a hill
doing 85 and hit a 2001 Mustang (*totaled*) and drove it into the back of
a 1998 Chevy Silverado C3500. The Chevy pickup didn't hit the school bus
in front of it though. He estimated he hit at around 35-45 MPH. Totaled
his car.

His insurance didn't go up much, since his father is active military.