[geeks] observations and rants.

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Wed Feb 20 08:52:05 CST 2002

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> and I see positives in almost any car.  I'd love to get a 70's station
> wagon to hall those hypothetical "tapes" around in.  A nice Oldsmobile
> or big Buick....
>
> "that's not just a car... it's a Vista Cruiser.... you can.....cruise
> the vistas..." -- Red Foreman That 70's Show

My brother and mother have an obsession with locating a ~1964 Buick
Wildcat or LeSabre, with emphasis on the Wildcat. Somewhere along the way,
my brother snarfed photos of a 1964 Buick station wagon -- huge freaking
car. Also, WRT to the Wildcat, my father has proven (in the time B.C.)
that the trunk will hold three kegs.

I'd just be happy with a 1995 Chevy Caprice Classic with an LT1 under the
hood. Most of those have high miles though, since they are / were cop
cars.

I just saw the fast and the furious last night. Notice that when Vin
Diesel's character gets "stopped" by the cop that a Caprice does the
180-degree spin, but a mere second before the edit, a Vic comes over the
hill. :)