[geeks] IRC

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Wed Feb 20 07:36:31 CST 2002

Eric Dittman wrote:

> I never used IRC until a couple of months ago.  I got so many
> messages from spambots that I quit after the first day.

Yep. I tried it for a bit. Didn't really get much out of the experience
that I couldn't get from mailing lists. And with the lists, I don't have
to be online to get a response.

Instant Messenger type things blow too, but can be alright for short
exchanges that have to happen right now. It's on my cell phone, which
can be convenient, but then I have to type on that stupid little
numberpad.

---sambo