[geeks] Kids and computers...

Julius Sridhar vance at ikickass.org
Tue Feb 19 21:05:15 CST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 s at avoidant.org wrote:

> > Why when I was a kid I was happy to play with static physical toys that
> > had far more limitations imagination-wise than any graphical interface!  ;-)
>
> Yeah, me too. But I didn't get my grubby little paws on a computer at
> home 'till the Commodore 64 (which I still have, BTW) If Nahi's that far
> ahead of where I was then, I can't wait to see what he's doing at 35. I
> want to give him every advantage i can. I realize windows isn't the
> biggest advantage, but it's a start.

My dad had a DEC PDP-11/70 in the house when I was born.  I was always
very closely supervised, and when I started to take interest in the
machine (as well as my Dad's McIntosh stereo system around the same age),
my father showed me how to use everything properly.  It's the greatest
gift he ever gave me, and I will be eternally grateful.

Peace...  Sridhar