[geeks] Hmmm.. food for thought...

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Feb 19 18:47:29 CST 2002

[ On Tuesday, February 19, 2002 at 19:01:07 (-0500), Andrew Weiss wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Hmmm.. food for thought...
>
> I have no problem keeping up with the local suits using a combination of
> sunhelp geeks, Slashdot, Silicon.com (I highly recommend it), cnn.com, and

Hmmm... is it just me, or is the WWW still not a "push" media despite
every modern webmaster's dreams and hopes?

> my own internal knowledge and stumbling about (I do a lot of surfing all
> over and find a lot of info accidentally)

I only go surfing when I want to find something explicitly, not just to
"surf for fun".  I can't even imagine using the WWW like I would use a
bookstore or a magazine store (which are usually entirely differently
than I use a library or an on-line bookstore).  I do quite often stumble
on stuff accidentally, but no WWW publisher could ever possibly ever
take advantage of those accidents to guide my discoveries in any way! :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods