[geeks] Kids and computers...

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Feb 19 13:32:40 CST 2002

[ On Tuesday, February 19, 2002 at 11:18:10 (-0500), s at avoidant.org wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Kids and computers...
>
> I'm so proud. If only it wasn't Windows.

One of my colleagues didn't let his kids use M$-Windows when they were
young, and then bought them cheap used macs when they started demanding
more than an X11 terminal could give them (even with a stupid Windoze-95
like WM).  His wife didn't touch the computers until he got her an iMac
and then suddenly she's busy doing all kinds of things on it (she's much
more into visual arts, modern dance, and music).

The kids moan and complain that they can't play the exact same games
their M$-using friends can play, but they don't seem to see that a lot
of their friends really admire their computers too!.

Good friends don't let their friends use M$-Winblows.  Good parents
don't let their kids use M$-Windoze.  :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods