[geeks] Hmmm.. food for thought...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Feb 19 10:03:06 CST 2002

> I'm not sure apple wants to be in the corporate sector.  Apple isn't
> a computer for suits because they represent something else.  They
> represent individualism and creativity.  They encourage people to
> work the way they want to, especially w/ OS X where you can have your
> GUI and command line too.  No two people work the same way on a mac.

Well, that's why I said that Apple seems comfy in it's present
position.  Apple, IMO, is ideal for home users - whereas Windows is
not.

While Cringley had some good points, they're only valid if Apple wants
to go that direction - which it doesn't appear they want to do.  My
comments were based only on the premise that what Cringley said might be
true.

If Apple *does* want to get into the corporate desktop market again
(lets assume for a moment that they do), they're going to have to change
the ways they advertise, design the case, etc.

Kurt