[geeks] Hmmm.. food for thought...

Bertrand_Hutin at notes.amdahl.com Bertrand_Hutin at notes.amdahl.com
Tue Feb 19 10:13:58 CST 2002

There was a x86 NeXTstep, I used it years ago. Still have the Cdrom.

                    "Peter L.
                    Wargo"               To:     geeks at sunhelp.org
                    <pwargo at basen        cc:
                    ji.com>              Subject:     Re: [geeks] Hmmm.. food for thought...
                    Sent by:
                    geeks-admin at s
                    unhelp.org

                    19/02/2002
                    16:27
                    Please
                    respond to
                    geeks

On Monday, February 18, 2002, at 10:14 , Phil Brutsche wrote:

> Good ol' NeXTStep + some odds & ends from FreeBSD (ie FreeBSD's ipfw) +
> (iirc) NetBSD userland + the "Aqua" GUI.

Wasn't there an x86 version of NeXTstep?

I'd be interested to see what the darwin project has done, if anything,
in porting to other platforms.  Not that I plan on ditching my Mac, just
that I'd finally have a way to shut people up. (My big fantasy: I never
have to deal with Windows again...)

-Pete