[geeks] Hmmm.. food for thought...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Feb 19 08:09:14 CST 2002

> http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20020214.html
>
> Interestingly enough, I would like to see it as well.  Don't ask me why,
> I'm not sure myself.

I haen't used OS X at all, so I have no opinion about useability,
features, functionality, etc.  However, I would *really* like to see it
happen.  I think theres a lot of merit to what Cringley has to say.

Apple really needs to get out into the "real world" and try to penetrate
the business desktop market again.  They need to advertise the
products.  Like it or not, they might even have to make beige computers
again [gasp!] if they want to sell hardware to the stodgy corporate
types.  I haven't seen an Apple commercial in ages - and I certainly
haven't noticed any Apple ads in the trade rags (Infoworld, Infoweek,
yadda yadaa).

Apple, though, seems comfy in it's present position.  OS X on Intel
might be exactly what the world needs - but I don't think Jobs is going
to do it.  While he's a risk-taker, he sometimes seems to over-anylize
things - and then ends up falling down du to a failure to follow through
(IMO, anyway).

Kurt