[geeks] Hmmm.. food for thought...

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 19 05:24:07 CST 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: Peter L. Wargo [mailto:pwargo at basenji.com]
~
~ http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20020214.html
~
~ Interestingly enough, I would like to see it as well.  Don't
~ ask me why,
~ I'm not sure myself.
~
~ -Pete

Personaly, I'd pay cash for OS/X-i386. I have way more PC crap given to me
than Mac (people love their Macs), and I think Crigley is right, both
companies would benefit (though MS might not see it that way and pull their
support for Office-X).

On a related note, I found the MS support for office-X surprising. Doesn't
this mean that they are dangerously close to having an Office-for-Linux?
That would have the potential to screw the MS Windows O/S platform nearly
out of existance. Would it be possible to get Office-X running under Linux
without the source code? How similar to X-windows is O/S-X's GUI?