[geeks] Transferring Video to DVD

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Feb 17 19:41:22 CST 2002

> Not at all.  I'm just realistic enough to admit that my current G4/500
> MP is overkill for me - I do the occasional photoshop, but nothing much
> more complicated than what I was doing on my Quadra 660AV years ago. The

I get asked by the win-weenies why I don't have the latest, greatest,
biggiest, baddest, multi gigahertz machine with the eff-you video card.  I
just tell that I'd never use all that processing power, and besides that, I
prefer computers that don't self destruct a fraction of a second after the
heat-sink fails...

I get the strangest looks when I mention I'm saving up for an Octane.  After
explaining what it is, I have to answer questions about why a 5 year-old
computer would be worth that - though I suppose that's another set of
stories.

I'm pragmatic enough to realize that I'd never stress any of the current
crop of desktop machines.  An R10k Octane should suit me *just* fine
thankyouverymuch...

Kurt
I feel like I'm wasting money every time I use this damned laptop...