[geeks] observations and rants.

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Feb 17 18:01:27 CST 2002

Adam Kropelin wrote:

> That day still haunts me.

That says something good about you. I've never had an experience like
that. I like to think I'd make a good manager, because I know what NOT
to do from years of experience, but I don't know what I'd do if/when it
came time for layoffs. But that's what HR is for, I guess.

> We'll see. I just accepted a new offer (albeit with a 25% pay cut) and rather
> enjoyed informing $CEO of the laundry list of reasons I'm leaving. When he

Hooo, that feels good, I know. Did you actually have a list prepared, or
was it adlibbed?

> The grass is always greener, I suppose. But at least the guy gets some of his
> own medicine and I get a much-needed change of scenery.

I hope it's all you want it to be.

---sambo